Monday 8 August 2011

Eyes wide open now...

Some choice leave us full of dispair
doubting, confused and questioning
now I know my choice was right
and that I am loved.

No more hurt
no more confusion
acceptance of what happened

Your words are now a leaf in the wind
soon blown away
the hurt you caused bandaged
and making me stronger by understanding
I wonder if a single honeyed word from your mouth was true.

Time does not remove the hurt wounds caused
it does not make things not exist
but it gives us time
to know
to grow
to love
to be loved
to learn
to understand
and grow stronger.

I understand now what people were saying
I understand what I turned a blind eye to
I understand where my foolishness lay
I understand reactions I could not before
and I know by those who mean it, I really am loved.

In words you have used before "Welcome to mute"

1 comment: